Thursday, December 15, 2005

Un-Comfortable

The past has a way of catching up with you.
So does unfinished business.
Then all the procrastination and excuses fuse and slap you in the face.
Suddenly its time to sit up and take notice and life isn't as hunky-dory anymore. This week finally I swallowed more than I could chew, I could've chewed the little bits as I put them in but I decided to wait till my mouth was full.
Now I taste it all.
So I'm hoping I can freeze time and cursing technology for being unable to and still making new commitments.
I try, hard and harder to make ammends but to no avail.
Mediocrity is the only option.
So as always I will settle.
For mediocrity and a laundy list of tasks, functions, little things that will most definately slip the mind.
Settle in.
Comfotably... no not numb.... just comfortable and happy wtih mediocrity.
Yet again.
And run.
Just hope compromise doesn't have a way of catching up.

12 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger Ashish Shakya said...

Oh and I read some of your old posts...Good stuff.

PS:
word verification:zunugpi
wtf? :-)

 
At 5:48 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger A and A said...

You really are alive and well!!! Good shit I say!! No man, you just cannot accept mediocrity man...just the no! Yiu start accepting mediocrity, then you'll never stop. Thats how I read it! Looks like you've got your plate full! Bon Appetit! ;) All the best and all that jazz with whatever it is you have to do! Cheers!

 
At 6:35 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger Archster said...

And may this be the last compromise.

or the second last.

or somewhere close.

 
At 7:03 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger Mystic Bard said...

Hey!I got this feeling that you seem to be preparing for some project or presentation or something..atleast thats what I felt before such things;-)
but now is the time for college fests right??Mood-I, Brouhaha n stuff..


But all said n done - not to be cynical come what may!It's ok to compromise once in a while,don't take it too much too heart,but hey..one should beware lest it becomes a habit;-)

 
At 7:30 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger Zii said...

well technically, u cant freeze it but if u can go about the earth in the multiples of speed of light...you would be slightly ahead of time on a particular date and 'time'....
do not curse me.

yes time to pahhtaaii! doesnt seem so at your end.
u may deny being comfortable numb
but im just coming back to life!
wee hee!
do not curse me.

 
At 11:03 AM, December 16, 2005, Blogger the Monk said...

but it usually does...is self aware mediocrity really mediocre?I think it can be....

 
At 4:25 PM, December 16, 2005, Blogger Arroclint said...

tsk tsk. taking the easy way out are we?

 
At 6:02 PM, December 16, 2005, Blogger Mr. J said...

Bite more than what you can chew.. You never know the limits you could stretch to. Its risky, but its worth it ;)

 
At 2:36 PM, December 17, 2005, Blogger Jay said...

I'm OK with mediocrity, but that's mainly because I'm too lazy to try for anything else.

 
At 12:37 PM, December 18, 2005, Blogger Casablanca said...

Mediocrity works for me sometimes. And there are things which just dont deserve more effort.

 
At 3:00 PM, December 18, 2005, Blogger KM said...

sounds like me...khair, chill karo, and eventually things will work out the way u want them to.

'everything happens for a reason'...just repeat that to urself.

 
At 2:27 PM, December 19, 2005, Blogger dee iyer said...

i miss being in love. Love . luck. none. pffft.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


frontpage hit counter