Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I wish you were here...

My Goa song.
So I'm back from the land of sun and sand, unscathed and having made no hospital visits.
Back from Goa, where time and timelessness collide, events blurring as the drunken morning.
Sunrise.
The sun ablaze, in all her glory smoldering, sizzling and frying my skin to a golden brown. Golden brown, as I enjoy my chicken, cooked to perfection, delicious as the assortment on the table. Assorted as the members of the group, bonding, chattering away million words a minute. Words coming together in varied conversations. Varied, vibrant and alluring as the hawkers wares, let the bargaining begin. Bargaining for everything, even taxis, we will not triumph. No, not as we triumph over waves at sea. The warm waves, salty waves, invading my watch and my eyes stinging as the air thick with narcotics. Goa’s own poison, on beaches, shacks and streets, 'flying high' they said, as they were while paragliding over the water.
Splash.
The waves kiss my feet, coat it in a warm brown layer of sand.
Stuck.
As the sand sucks me in, I watch the sunset on my last day in paradise.

12 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, January 03, 2006, Blogger A and A said...

I also want!!! I also want! Goa!!! Goa!! Waaaaaaaaaah!!!! Sounds like you had a super super time!!! Hope the rest of the year is even better for you!!!! Cheers!!!! :)

 
At 4:00 AM, January 04, 2006, Blogger The Box said...

The first time I heard of Goa was actually from the mini-series Shogun (based on the James Clavell novel). John Ryhs-Davoes tempts Richard Chamberlain aboard his ship with the phrase "There's oranges from Goa!"

To this day, I always think about Goa when I see nice oranges, more than say, California.

 
At 5:59 AM, January 04, 2006, Blogger Miss M said...

aaaaaahhhh...KARUNA!!! U WENT TO GOA?!?!1 AAARRRGGHHH...I AM SOOOO JEALOUS!!!!! :(

Its been ages since i have been to Goa!! I am makin' sure its on my list of places i need to visit next yr..!!

I hope you had an awesome time babes.. and i loved the last line of ur post...

"As the sand sucks me in, I watch the sunset on my last day in paradise."

Beautifully written!

Happy new yr babes. =)

 
At 8:48 AM, January 04, 2006, Blogger Casablanca said...

Awwww... isnt it sad to see a great holiday end?
If only we could freeze time...

Yanyways, heppy heppy new yaar to you!

 
At 12:01 PM, January 04, 2006, Blogger KM said...

ur so lucky!
:(
glad u had a cool new year's eve!

now get back to the old grind!
lol!

 
At 12:23 PM, January 04, 2006, Blogger Mr. J said...

Hmmmm looks like it was a good holiday. Now back to work.

 
At 5:28 PM, January 04, 2006, Blogger the Monk said...

damn, brings back memories...I'm going there in final year...

 
At 9:27 PM, January 04, 2006, Blogger Zii said...

dude...
did u just refer to the sun as 'she'?
plch.

 
At 11:01 PM, January 04, 2006, Blogger Archster said...

super fun!

i hate it that the holidays are over! several gloomy posts have been saved as drafts.

:(

 
At 10:26 AM, January 08, 2006, Blogger Ajay said...

hey i m shure u had a gr8 time as Goa is the best place in India to celeb't New year

 
At 4:26 PM, January 08, 2006, Blogger karuna said...

Wishfulthinker:
I anticipate a brilliantly stressful year. It will be fun.

The box:
Well as far as ive seen no oranges in goa... but maybe if you visited...

Medha:
Hey u went to vietnam!
But happy new year!

Casablanca:
Yes, sometimes i wish that, sometimes i want to fastforward.

Khizzy, me:
Still in holiday mode, it will hit eventually though.

the monk:
Happy new year.

Zii:
huh?

Archster:
It hasnt hit yet that the holiday is over, but im sure gloom will kick in soon enough with exams coming up. Again!
Ajay:
Well.. i wouldn't go so far as to day that, but it was definately fun. :)

 
At 11:51 PM, January 10, 2006, Blogger Da Rodent said...

my holiday got cut short by 4 days. I'm not back in chennai yet., but will be soon. However, did you visit mobor beach? There is a inn there called 'all that jazz' right next to the beach. I stayed there for two days ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


frontpage hit counter