Saturday, December 23, 2006

Time of my life

- OST Dirty Dancing

This has been difficult time of year in the life of me for the last few years, its always been full of decisions and change. For the bad, for the good and for the better.
But this year has by far been the toughest, the toughest decisions, the most avoidable change.
A change I thought I would look forward to.
A decision I thought I would never consider making and never regret.
But I was wrong, on both counts.
I was wrong and deeper in than I know it and I'm in no hurry to get out.
Quick sand continues to tickle my ankles and pull me in steadily.
I am still waiting for it all to disappear, for the functionality to cease, for the ground break open and suck me into the void that I can sense life will become...
And yet I know ill get used to it, just like I got used to this.
To this life style, to these people that I have grown to know and love.
People who I am myself with, in just a year.
People who helped me find myself in just a year.
People I am leaving after just a year.
A year where I had the time of my life.

6 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, December 26, 2006, Blogger A and A said...

Ah well, as long as you're having the time of your life, rock on babe! The best of the season to you m'dear! :)

 
At 7:48 PM, December 29, 2006, Blogger Geraldine said...

This post takes me back to how I felt in Dec 2005...Hang in there...This too shall pass :)

 
At 3:32 PM, February 06, 2007, Blogger educatedunemployed said...

The time of your life..Cheers to that I say!

 
At 11:35 AM, February 15, 2007, Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Nope no conspiracy girl.Unlike the Wishfulthinker who has abandoned us all I am blogging at medocuk.wordpress.com

 
At 4:52 PM, February 24, 2007, Blogger Archster said...

Did u just quit aiesec or am i as always completely off base? :)

 
At 1:54 AM, February 27, 2007, Blogger karuna said...

No I haven't quit AIESEC but not totally off base.
I'm done with my LC and so that probably came out of that although I still have atleast another year to go. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


frontpage hit counter